Most people own at least a couple of denim apparels, with jeans likely to be the most popular wardrobe staple. While jeans are classic and may be seen as “must-have” pieces, it is refreshing to see many other denim designs appearing on the fashion market this year.
While there is a wide selection to choose from this season, I believe that there are certain designs that are more appropriate for the hot summer weather compared to others. Here is a breakdown of denim styles that are not only popular now, but are also great for Summer –
Moto Bleach Short Dungarees From Topshop
1) Overall Shorts – Dungarees are all the rage this season and given that these designs are really cute, I can see why they are well-received. The shorts versions will be my pick as I find them more suitable for the warmer weather in Summer.
2) Button-Front Skirts – Like overalls, denim skirts with front buttons is really popular this Summer. This 70’s inspired design is really chic in my opinion and is definitely the trend to go for if you like to rock an outfit with a touch of retro vibe.
Honey Ruffle Denim Dress From Selfridges & Co
3) Summer Dress – Denim shirt dresses make great wardrobe classics but designs with more summery details such as cut-outs and off-shoulder styles will make perfect choices this season, especially for casual parties or occasions.
Denim Culottes From Zara
4) Culottes – I have not seen too many denim culottes currently but I think they are really chic! Jeans may not be that comfortable to wear in sweltering hot weather so a pair of airy denim culottes should be a welcome change.
Distressed Denim Vest From Forever 21
5) Vest – If you love layering but live in a really hot climate, a denim vest will help create a chic layered look and is also a fantastic substitute for a denim jacket.
‘The Slim Boy’ Ombre Shirt from Nordstrom
6) Lightweight Shirt- Breathable fabric choices are definitely the go-to in Summer so shirts made from lightweight and soft denim will make more comfortable options. Denim shirts are always popular and they are perfect for the denim on denim style (an example as shown in my featured look in this post) that is so highly raved this year.
Thank you so much for reading and hope you enjoy it! See you!
Top – Pop Up Store At Jurong Point Shopping Mall
Bottom – Mango
Shoes – Miss Selfridge